Sunday, September 22, 2013

A Fun Recipe

The recipe below is one of our family's favorite cookies!  Tom is a huge fan and tends to ask for them when he has a craving for something sweet :)  Kailey and Natalie love to help me decorate the cookies with the sprinkles, or confetti, as we call them!  This recipe has been passed down to me from my Mom, although I'm not sure where she adapted it from.  I remember making this cookie when I was learning how to bake.  The first cookie I remember making with my Mom were snickerdoodles, which are my absolute favorite to this day!  After Tom and I were married, my Mom gave me one of the best wedding gifts; a recipe box with family recipes, including this one.  I'm thankful that I'm able to pass down my love of baking and cooking to our children. 

My Mom and I decided to start working on a cookbook of our family recipes.  My Dad's side of the family put one together for our family reunion a few years ago, so now it's my Mom's turn.  We are working on a title, but I think it's going to be "Passing It Down Recipes." 

Enjoy the cookie recipe and be sure to pour yourself a cold glass of milk! 


Chocolate Confetti Cookies

2 eggs at room temperature
2/3 cup oil
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup sugar
1 3/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp soda
1/2 tsp salt
6 tbsp. cocoa
1 cup mini chocolate chips (this ingredient is optional; I added this and the sprinkles to my Mom's original recipe)
fun sprinkles of your choice

Heat oven to 350 degrees.  In a standing mixer beat eggs.  Add vanilla, oil, sugar, and beat until combined. 

In a separate bowl, add flour, salt, soda, and cocoa.  Mix together.  Add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture, and blend until a thick dough forms.  Stir in mini chocolate chips.

Using a medium cookie scoop, place rounded cookie dough on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.  Sprinkle the "confetti" on top of each cookie and bake for 8-11 minutes. 

Allow cookies to cool for a few minutes before devouring these heavenly and scrumptious cookies! 

No comments: