So we all know by now that I am have a degree in accidents. I am extremely prone to accidents. I am posting a picture of my recent, well a few weeks ago at least, accident. Here's the scoop:
A few days afer Tom left, I was cleaning up the deck. One item in paticular...a fishing pole...with a brand new hook and a very pretty plastic fish. I grabbed the pole and walked over to the shed. My neighbor across the lagoon asked how we were doing with Tom away, and I said pretty good. She said if we ever needed help to ask. I said okay and proceeded to put the fishing pole in the shed. I slid my hand down the pole and ouch! I hooked my finger! I tried to get it out but it wouldn't budge at all. The interesting part, there wasn't any blood. So I yelled across the lagoon to my neighbor that I needed to take her up on that offer! So here she comes along with her husband and none of us could get the hook out. It was bedtime for the girls so I sent them to bed. My other neighbor came over as well to check things out and we all agreed that the hook wasn't coming out. I needed to go to the ER. So my neighbor drove me to the nearest ER while the other neighbor stayed with the girls. And yes, I did cut the line so all that was hanging out was the hook.
Once I got to the ER they took me back right away. After three shots in the webbing area of the fingers, which was painful, they proceeded to take it out. But even the doctor couldn't get it out. So he asked for a scalpel and I asked for more drugs. No such luck. I had to toughen up but I was flipping out because there was a lot of blood. Finally, they got it out. Turns out it was hooked on a tendon. No stitches because of how long the hook was in there. They said it would be worse to stitch it up. So they wrapped it up, updated my tetnus shot and home I went. It's healed now but whenever I bend that finger it still hurts.
So the moral of this story? If you ever want to know how a fish feels....just ask it :) Enjoy the pictures!
No comments:
Post a Comment