Most people know that we are living in an extended stay hotel until December. But, we get a lot of questions about what we do to fight the boredom or deal with the cramped space. So here is what our family does and will be doing until our move to New Jersey.
1. Play games:
We love scrabble! The fun part about scrabble is that you learn many new words because you browse the dictionary looking for ways to use your letters. For example the word "prate" means to talk. I actually won tonight with over 230 points. Not an easy thing to do because Tom is very good at games. He knows strategy whereas I could care less sometimes. Another we play is a card game called "26." Each player gets 26 cards and you have to try and get rid of your set first. It can be very fun and I have learned the strategy part of it.
2. Gym
I spend every morning at the gym. I am working with a trainer two days a week and the rest it's up to me to get a good workout in. Going to they gym is a wonderful way to fight stress. I have so much endurance and energy now. Plus, the gym has a daycare so the girls get to come with me sometimes and they have a blast.
3. Library
The girls love the library. They always have. They love to play the computer games, play with the puzzles and get a new book. I love books and I hope the girls continue to love books and pass this on their children. Children need to be in a library to experience the fun of books and see for themselves how much knowledge is at their fingertips.
4. Window Shopping
We love window shopping! We have walked around for hours looking at different stores in the mall or our favorite Hobby Lobby. May not be exciting for some people but we love it. It's the simple things in life that are to be cherished. You don't have to buy anything to have fun shopping.
5. Park
Must go to the park with kids. It's just that simple. And if you have a dog it's a must as well. Out in the fresh air enjoying the wonderful scenery that God created. Especially when the seasons change. Not something to be taken lightly.
These are just a few of the activities that keep us busy. Hotel life can be good or bad. It's what you make of it. We learned that through our years of living in England. God never gives us anything that we can't handle. In fact, if we remember every place we've been and lesson learned it's great knowledge for future situations. I'm excited about living in New Jersey and even more excited about what God has planned for us.
No comments:
Post a Comment