Thursday, September 30, 2010

Nickel Anyone?






The doctor removed Natalie's nickel yesterday. After two and a half weeks of living with a nickel in her stomach, she is nickel free. At first, we were told she swallowed a quarter. Which at the time I thought, wow, that must have been hard to swallow for a five yearl old. But turns out it was a nickel.
Natalie was very brave. The nurses made the whole process very comfortable for her. I don't think she could have been in better hands....other than God's of course. But as far as hospitals, this one was awesome! I was able to be with her while she was put to sleep, and while that was hard to watch, I wouldn't have been anywhere else. That's my baby. I will always be there for her if I'm able. Today she is bouncing around like nothing happened and it's amazing how fast kids recover.
Today brings new adventures of course. I had to pick Kailey up from school. She was running a fever of 101.6. But when I checked her temperature here at home it was 99.1. Not sure how that happened considering she didn't have any medicine at school. Mysteries of life. So now I have two kids at home, a sleeping husband because he worked nights this week, and a dog who looks at me as if he's saying "please pay attention to only me" when I give him plenty of love and affection. As soon as Tom wakes up I will be going to the gym to run and de-stress. This is my life for today. But hey, I'm alive and kicking and God is good. Wouldn't have it any other way.

1 comment:

Crazy family of 5 said...

Julia, I am so glad she is ok! Hopefully she has learned her lesson!!