Our family is finally settling down after a busy weekend. Thank goodness it's not over yet so I can recover for a few hours :)
After praying and much thought, Tom and I decided to host a small group. Our Church has small groups that meet in homes during the week. It's a wonderful time to fellowship, catch up with friends and share God's word. Tom and I have signed up to host one in our home but so far we do not have anyone signed up. Our first get together is October 9th so hopefully God will send some people our way. So, yesterday morning we spent a few hours at Church in leadership training. We proceeded to the outlet stores to buy some fall/winter clothes for the girls, a few pieces for myself, and then I had to be back at Church for Praise Choir.
Today was just as busy as I sang both services with the choir. Tom and I help out in the Children's Ministry during the 11am service which is something we have thoroughly enjoyed. It's a blessing to hang out with the kids and watch them grow as they learn about God. When I was younger, we always attended Church and I loved sunday school. I am thankful those people took the time to share God's word with me. It's not easy. It can be very exhausting but God calls each of us to share his word with EVERYONE and that includes the little ones. Tom and I feel that at this time, God wants us serving in these areas in our church. It's an exciting time for us because God is opening up doors for our family.
On a not so happy note...Kailey will be seeing a specialist tomorrow about her stomach. She has episodes where she throws up and can't stop, therefore she becomes dehydrated and has to go to the ER. She was hospitalized earlier in the summer but tests did not show anything. Hopefully this doctor will be able to help her and give us answers. Tom and I ask that you please pray for Kailey, and that we would be patient as we go through this.
I'm off to snooze for a bit. Hope you are all having a good weekend and remember that the Lord never gives us more than we can handle.
Julia
No comments:
Post a Comment