A near accident occured earlier today. I'm a big fan of the Golden Girls so I will set it up Sophia style :)
Picture it....Kuna 2009.
Tom was unloading rock. I was supervising :) Kailey and Natalie were playing in dirt.
I didn't want the girls to get extremely dirty so I asked them to stop playing in the dirt. Natalie listened but Kailey didn't. So she got in trouble.
Kailey starts crying and decides to disobey further by picking up a tool that she isn't supposed to play with. A very looooooong screwdriver. I asked her to put it down. She didn't. I began to walk towards her and she starts running.....with the screwdriver. I run after her.
Let me just pause for a brief moment to say that kids are extremely fast and I am extremely out of shape.
Back to the story. Kailey is running and suddenly stops and turns towards me with the screwdriving pointing at me. I stopped in time to miss what could have been a messy accident.
Thankfully, no ER visits today. I explained to Kailey, in a very frustrated tone I might add, that she could have hurt Mommy and herself. She knows not to run with scissors but I guess that knowledge went right out the window today.
Things are better now. But every time I think about it and what could have happened I cringe.
It's times like these that I think "didn't I teach her better?" and "why can't the kids listen?" It's a frustrating time in our lives with Kailey because she doesn't listen very well. Sometimes she does awesome but she keeps getting in trouble at school. Remember the frog blog....yep the frog is not staying where it should. Must get through to Kailey somehow.
Okay. So the end of the story and pizza is on it's way. So I am going to close and leave on a happy note before another incident happens. Because it's bound to happen.
Have a good weekend everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment