A yummy salad that is good all year long is my Mandarin Orange Salad! I wanted a salad with dinner a few months ago and this one has become a favorite. Basically, I just put all the veggies I had in my fridge in a bowl and added the mandarin oranges and voila! A yummy salad! Here's the recipe:
1 bag of leafy green salad mix (or whatever mix you prefer)
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 English cucumber
mandarin oranges (as many as you like)
Lite balsamic dressing (I prefer Newman's)
Place salad mix in a salad bowl and set aside. Dice the red bell pepper and add to the salad bowl. I prefer to cut my cucumber into fourths but you can cut whichever way you prefer; add to the salad bowl. I also prefer the English or petite cucumber's because they don't have as many seeds and just have a crispier bite. I love lots of mandarin oranges on my salad so I pile them on! You can also use another fruit if you don't like mandarin oranges, but the oranges really add a nice sweetness to the tang of the dressing.
*I usually do not add the dressing to the whole salad bowl. This way, I can save the rest for another day and add leftover chicken to it for a light lunch*
No comments:
Post a Comment