Friday, February 5, 2010

Proud of My Children

I'm extremely proud of Kailey and Natalie :)

Kailey is doing so well in Kindergarten. Her reading skills are improving and she read her first book by herself this week. She prefers Mommy to read but I keep telling her that she can have the most amazing adventures when she reads herself. One day, when she is able to read chapter books, she will understand. I'm thankful for her teacher at school. Kailey has had the best year and Tom and I couldn't ask for a better teacher. She truly cares about her students and even has a blog for the class. Now Tom and I can see what Kailey is doing all day!

Natalie is ready for Kindergarten, that's for sure. She loves her Preschool class but is having to take a break from it while I find another job. Natalie was ready for Kindergarten this year but I think she will benefit from waiting one more year. Natalie loves to read and is always asking us to read with her. She's at the same reading level as Kailey, so we are very happy with that.

Both girls are big helpers at home. They love to help with the laundry and would from time to time I let them stir whatever is cooking on the stove. But I still make them leave the kitchen when I open the oven door. I'll probably still do that when they are teenagers! It's a habit :)

The girls love Church, which is awesome! We have a great children's ministry at our Church. Kailey loves Sparks and Natalie is a little sad that this is her last year in Cubbies. It's exciting to see them memorize their Bible verses and get their patches. They definitley know who Jesus is and are retaining what they learn about him.

I just took some time to reflect on our kids and how much they have changed over the years. While they are growing up too fast, they are exactly where they need to be and Tom and I are excited to see where they are going!

No comments: