Wednesday, July 29, 2009

95 pounds to go

Yes, I am actually putting my weight loss numbers out there for all to see. Why? Because I want to track my progress with friends and family. I have so much support from my husband, friends and family that I know I can do this.

Tom, the girls and I recently visited family in Texas for my grandparents 60th wedding anniversary. What a wonderful occasion to celebrate. But I also realized via pictures how extremely overweight I am. Yes, I have known this for some time but it's like my eyes were opened and I did not like what I saw.

So what am I doing about this? I will be running six days a week as well as weight training and continuing the diet Tom and I have been on. Nothing extreme, we just follow the food pyramid and that has helped us get our eating on track. Tom and I both feel this is important for the girls. We want them to grow up eating right and understanding what happens when you don't. It's not just about weight, it's about blood sugar and heart problems. It's about being healthy and having a better quality of life.

Last night I did my mile at the high school track and then walked home which is another mile. Tonight I plan to do two miles at the track. I also plan to keep an update on this blog.

I pray that the Lord will give me strength and courage to lose this weight. It's a lot of weight. Almost 100 pounds. Never thought I would be at this point in my life. But here I am and it's time.

2 comments:

Crazy family of 5 said...

That is awesome Julia!!! Keep up the good work and keep us informed on how your family is doing!!

Anonymous said...

You can do it,Julia! I am in the middle of my own weight loss challenge and have 5 or 6 to go now. It seemed impossible at first, but after you get some results...it will be easier.

Praying for you!
Joy