Saturday, April 11, 2009

Hope


Well, it's been way too long since I've blogged but as usual we are always busy. Spring is here finally and so begins our spring projects. I have already completed one...painting our half bath downstairs. I used the Bellagio Faux technique and it looks great. I love the colors we chose and it was that hard to do. We had fun :) Next, we have to finish the rock in our backyard and next weekend I am painting an accent wall in our living room. Then, we are painting the girls room. Tom is also in the process of re-doing our dining room table. It was given to us by my grandparents and it needs sanding, new fabric on the chairs and staining. This one will take the longest but I can't wait to see the outcome.


New developments. Tom is back in school mode taking two Master classes. I'm so proud of him but I hope he doesn't get burned out. He's almost done. But he needed a break and I'm glad he took it. I have a new job starting Monday as an Ophthalmic Assistant at St. Luke's hospital. It's a little closer to our house than my previous job, so we'll save on gas. I actually wasn't looking for another job but the opportunity was there and I decided to interview for it. This was a position I was studying for before we moved overseas so it's a job I really wanted. The interview was great and I'm excited to start there. Nervous, but excited. I will have some responsibilities that I have never had before so I pray that God will prepare me for the challenge. I love challenges so I'm excited!


Kailey and Natalie are having fun coloring eggs tonight. They are doing great in preschool and Kailey is registered for Kindergarten. I can't believe my Kailey bug is starting school! It's going by so fast....wish it could slow down. She started t-ball a few weeks ago and is having a lot of fun. For the parents it's entertainment. But her team has some great players. Natalie is teaching us sign language :) She is learning it in preschool and we love learning the words with her. She is a sponge when it comes to learning. She just can't sit still for very long! She is such a wiggle worm :)


Tom and I have joined a new small group at our Church, actually it was a few months ago. We love being around the other families. They live in Kuna like us and everyone is so nice and the support and prayer is awesome. Tom and I are so tired after work but it's worth it because we need that fellowship outside of Sundays and we have a good time.


The message today at Church was about Hope. I was very emotional because it hit home with me. Especially today. I have been dealing with sinus infections since October. After three different rounds of antibiotics I had a ct scan and found out that I may have to have surgery in order to correct the problem. I don't know that for sure, but the disease I have is called Maxillary Sinus Disease and surgery is one of the options. I will know more after I meet with a specialist. Today, I am fighting a bad sinus headache. It is better now but earlier it was horrible and we were trying to get ready for Church and I just broke down. Sometimes it is just too much and I need a good cry. Which actually hasn't happened but one other time. So I think it builds up. Anyway, Tom was so wonderful during that. Very supportive and loving....I love my hubby! He reminds me that we are almost at the end of this road and that God hasn't forgotten about us. He is taking care of me, even when it doesn't seem like it. So I got it together and we headed to Church. The message really hit home like I said. I can't even explain it. I just have hope that this long and painful battle with the sinuses will end soon. In the meantime, I will continue to live my life and follow God's direction. His will not mine.


Hope everyone has a good weekend and God bless you all!


Julia

1 comment:

Crazy family of 5 said...

Happy Easter!! Glad the girls are doing well!! Congrats on the new job and to Tom, with school! I hope you don't have to go through surgery. If you do, we will be praying for you! Take care!!