Saturday, October 4, 2008

I'm still here!

So I've been out of the loop for a while. I started a new job and even though I have every Friday off, I have to play catch up on laundry, cleaning and spending time with the kiddies :) I have been keeping up with your blogs though :)

Fall is officially here, yea! I love the trees turning colors of orange, brown and yellow plus the cool breezes. Kailey and Natalie began Cubbies at Church and they love it! I am back singing with Praise Choir and Tuesday I am auditioning for the Vocal Placement. Honestly, I'm not nervous about it. I have been singing for a very long time and it's something I love to do and I don't look at it as something to be nervous about. Now, if I was singing in front a packed arena that would be another story! But I love singing in Church and while at one time I was pursuing a music career, God closed the door on that and led me in a different direction. I have been extremely blessed ever since and very happy, so to me it's affirmation that God truly has the best planned for us! His way is perfect :)

This Church has been such a blessing for us. The girls are really growing in Jr. Church and Cubbies. They get so excited when they hear their Bible stories and when we memorize verses they don't look at it as a chore. It's fun to them, and that makes my heart jump :)

Tom is busy working and going TDY. We miss him so much :( He's my best friend, my love, the only man of my dreams :) And to the girls, he's their world! He's a big mountain they can climb on and snuggle with. He helps me out so much when I'm at work. He cooks for us and will make me a nice bath when I don't feel good. But more than all of this, he's just there for us. He's supportive and he loves God with all his heart. His desire is for our family to grow in Christ and follow his direction, not our own. When he's not home, it's lonely :( But he is serving our country and for that we are very proud of him!

Well, I better go get ready for the day. Tom and I are reading the Five Languages of Love by Gary Chapman. Kind of taking a break from the usual devotion books for couples. I'll let you know how it goes. Have a blessed week, and may God be glorified in all we do!

Julia

P.S. Kailey's birthday pictures will be posted soon!

No comments: