Sunday, December 15, 2013

Homemade Chicken Nuggets

I adapted a recipe from food network that is really yummy!  The only thing I did differently was cut the chicken breasts into chunks for nugget sized bites.  It's so good! 

3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into chunks
1 cup buttermilk
Italian seasoned bread crumbs (or any bread crumbs you prefer)
1 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
Salt & Pepper to taste
extra virgin olive oil
parchment paper to line baking sheet

Place cut chicken breasts into a bowl with a lid.  Pour the buttermilk over the chicken and stir until all chicken is coated.  Cover with lid and place in fridge for 15 - 30 minutes.

Preheat oven to 500 degrees. 

Pour the bread crumbs into a pie plate for dredging.  Place the buttermilk-coated chicken nuggets into the breadcrumbs and turn over until completely coated.  Place the nuggets onto a parchment lined baking sheet.  *I sprayed the parchment paper as well with non-stick cooking spray*

Drizzle olive oil over the nuggets and bake for 12 minutes or until cooked through, occasionally turning the nuggets.  

This recipe is super yummy and goes great with garlic and cheese biscuits!



No comments: