Friday, November 30, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving from New Jersey

After a stressful storm and cleanup, our family reunited with friends from New York for a wonderful Thanksgiving.  The Perry family and ours decided last year to make this a tradition, at least until one of us is no longer living in this area.  I wonder who will move first?????  That is the million dollar question :)

This Thanksgiving was special for many reasons.  We had so many things to be thankful for, and we had the great priviledge of meeting Sienna Rose Perry.  She was such a good baby!  What a blessing to have a baby in the house again.  I grew up with Christian and Alysia in Colorado, and words can't express how awesome it is to see those two grow as a couple and now as parents!  The Lord is truly amazing.

Tom cooked the turkey this year, while Alysia and I handled the sides.  Although, Tom did have to step out of the house a few times for fire calls, but that's to be expected on Thanksgiving.  Too many ovens in use I guess.  We all drove over to Tom's cousin's house for desert, where Sienna continued to wow and amaze our family and my cheesecake made Brenda happy :)  By the end of the day we were all stuffed but just couldn't resist a little plate of leftovers in the evening.

On Friday, we continued our traditions with the annual Brady Tree Decorating!  Last year I had pneumonia so we waited, but this year it was on.  Christian and Alysia joined in the festivities and we all had a great time.  Alysia was sad because we didn't put our Christmas village up, and kept insisting that we do so.  The more I think about it, I think she is right. I'm not being a Scrooge by not putting it up, but it requires furniture to be moved into the guest room, and we do have company coming next week.  So after they leave, my dear Alysia, we will put the village up!  I will take pictures just for you!

Saturday we all ventured out with family to the Barnegat Lighthouse.  It was extremely cold and windy.  We all climbed to the top, but I didn't last long at the top.  I am deeply afraid of heights and my legs and mind couldn't handle it :( 

To finish off their last night here at the Jersey shore, we invited our neighbor's over for dinner and spirited game of "Hand and Foot", a game I haven't played in years.  But it all came back to me very quickly. 

Sadly, the next morning, we had to say goodbye to our dear friend's.  The house was quiet after they left and we all felt lonely.  It's hard to say goodbye to a fun visit and wonderful people who you care about so much.  I am planning a Mommy's Spring Break in May, and all of us are planning to go out there in the summer.  I am looking forward to exploring Ithaca and that part of New York. 

Enjoy the pictures!
 
Tom and the girl's prepping the turkey.

Into the oven!

A game of Monolopy while the turkey is cooking.

Christian and Sienna

Alysia told me that Sienna loves music, so we found the pefect spot for her to hang out!

Tangled?

Kailey feeding Sienna.


Some floor time with Sienna and Alysia.

Feeding the swans and ducks.

We all took a trip to the Barnegat Lighthouse.  Yes, I climbed all the way to the top despite my fear of heights.  Why?  I didn't want my children to see that their Mommy is a big chicken.

Sienna :)

The Perry family.

Aunt Julia :)


Another photo of a beautiful family :)

Oldest and dearest friend's and our babies :)

Kailey and Sienna.  She LOVED helping change diapers, dress, bathe and feed Sienna.

Uncle Tom!

Natalie and Sienna :)

Fishing boats at Viking Village by the Barnegat Lighthouse.  We found out that the movie, "The Perfect Storm" used this area for part of the film.

My little clam :)

A view from one of the window's of the lighthouse on the way up to the top. 

No comments: