Yes, I am back in school after 15 years! I'm pretty sure I just dated myself too. This isn't the first time I have attempted college. After high school, I took one class at a community college in Colorado but I really wasn't into school. At that point in my life I just wanted to work. I had an ok job but I really didn't want to go to school. If I knew then what I know now, I would have at least taken the basic courses. But time moves forward not backward. In England I attempted to go to school again through online courses, but it just didn't work out. Tom and I began a journey into parenting, which we wouldn't change for anything! So school was put aside again but I have to say, I received an education with our children! Then we moved to Idaho, and after several attempts at school the doors just weren't opening. Here we are in Jersey and I was a little nervous about attempting school once again. I prayed about it and told myself that if the doors didn't open this time, maybe it just wasn't meant to be. But actually it all worked out and prayers were answered.
So I'm a student again! I am attending BCC in Pemberton New Jersey. It's a nice campus but I mostly have online courses. I am taking Biology A&P, Medical Terminology, and intro to Psychology. Two courses end in March and I will pick up Eng 101 and Intro to Computers. My degree is Health Information Technology. It's an Associates degree. Later I plan to get a Bachelors. I am constantly studying but I love it because while the kids are at school, I have more to do than laundry and cleaning! I am also taking a swimming class at the Y which I hope will help with my RA and Lupus.
I really feel like I'm in a good place right now! Why the college doors didn't open before I have no idea, but I'm thankful that God's timing is perfect.
1 comment:
That is so awesome! We miss you guys all tons, there are so many changes going on we are all on a new journey. Definitely praying for you all with your new diagnosis, so exciting to hear about your east coast adventures!!
Post a Comment