During training this morning, I asked my trainer if he thought I was ready to go on my own. He said almost. My biggest problem is letting fear and the "I can't's" get to me. If something looks too hard, I give up before I even try. For example, last week my trainer wanted me to jump up onto some steps. Before I even started, I felt defeated. I gave up before even trying. It broke me down for a few minutes. It reminded me of when I was in middle school and my P.E. teacher had us jump hurdles. Being so short, I not only didn't make it over the hurdle but I fell and was laughed at by my peers. Being short has always made me feel like I can't do certain things. But at the end of my workout I had mastered the steps. My trainer helped me through it and he opened up my eyes to a truth that I never knew....I give up too easily.
That was a hard lesson to learn. I'm still learning how to overcome obstacles. Even as an adult, I still have lessons to learn.
Another exercise I had to do was so tough, I was quoting Philipians 4:13 in my head over and over again. When I was young, my parents made me quote that verse every time I said "I can't." I guess part of me never completed that lesson. Maybe one day I will.
I believe that this whole experience has made me a different person. As a mother, a woman and a wife. I know now that I am much stronger than I thought I was. I will make it through this battle. And that's exactly what it is...a battle. I sincerely hope that my experience can be a testimony of weight loss. The struggles, the joy, the pain, and the outcome are worth it. I will get there. I pray that God will give me the strength to continue because I still have a long way to go.
I have a few days left of my detox. Nothing but fruits, veggies, almonds, granola and lots of water. Talk about tough! My body is doing good but my mind is playing tricks on me. Craving bread and butter, pasta, even just a piece of chicken. But I will overcome these cravings and make it to Friday. Maybe Saturday. We are leaving to Colorado for Thanksgiving on Saturday, so I don't know if I will continue it.
Everything I am going through is truly mind over matter and proof that when you give you struggles to the Lord, he provides a way to get through them.
If you are going through the same weight loss battle as I am....good for you! We will get through it and at the end of the road we will be healthier and stronger.
No comments:
Post a Comment