Sunday, May 10, 2009

Surgery Date

May 21st I am having sinus surgery. Sorry I am late getting this posted but things have been super busy lately. I actually picked this weekend for my surgery because it's Memorial Day weekend, which is always rainy in Idaho, and the Dr. I work for is gone two of the days I will miss so it was the best time. The surgery will be on a Thursday morning and I should be released for work the following Wednesday.

To skip the medical language I will tell you the areas that will be fixed. The sinuses in my cheeks will be opened up...these are called the Maxillary sinuses. I will undergo an Ethmoidectomy (i hope that is right) which is the sinus area just to the side of the bridge on the nose, and a Septoplasty. There is one other correction but I can't remember what it is at this moment. So I will be able to have the proper sinus function that I have been lacking since October. Although the worst of it didn't come until January when I began losing my voice over and over again. I haven't been able to sing since then and talking is hard when I have to do it a lot. My throat constantly hurts due to the drainage and nasal dripping which sounds so gross but it is what it is. So after the surgery everything should work the way it's supposed to.

The septoplasty is the one part of the surgery that will change me physically. It's basically a nose job and if you have ever seen a profile of me, you would see that my nose has a bump which was from a car accident a long time ago. I don't know how they will do it, but I my nose will be completely straight after the surgery. I have a deviated septum and that has been preventing me to breathe right. It can cause sleep problems as well.

It's going to be a painful recovery. But I have felt the prayers of our Church family as well as family and friends, so I am confident in the recovery and I know I'm in God's hands all the way. We are so thankful for everything.

Well, it's getting close to bedtime so I better get going. Kiddos to tuck in and a hubby to snuggle with. I hope everyone has a blessed week and remember God's promises to us. Remember he loves us unconditionally. When you are rushing through your day, take a minute to say a prayer of thanks for the friends and family he has given us. And last, remember the experiences we go through always have a purpose.

Julia :)

1 comment:

Crazy family of 5 said...

Julia, I will pray for a safe surgery and a healthy recovery. I hope this fixes all the problems. Hope you had a great Mother's Day!!